Monday, February 2, 2009

My bags are packed; I'm ready to go...

I suppose there's not too much to tell pre-departure, but I wanted to get this blog up and running. My packing list includes all of kinds of fun things; among them are 300 pairs of prescription eyeglasses, malaria prophylaxis, and my thread-bare good-luck t-shirt that reads "Today's My Day!" in bold green letters.

I'm scheduled to depart from JFK on February 8th at 6 PM; I'll be arriving in Chennai on February 10th at 12:10 AM, local time. The time difference from New York to Chennai is 10 and 1/2 hours; jet lag is going to be interesting. And don't ask me what's up with the 1/2 hour time difference-- apparently all of India is in the same time zone, even though the western edge is a full 20 degrees west of the eastern edge (that would be like trying to put D.C. and Dallas in the same time zone.) I don't really understand. It's all going to be very interesting, very exciting, and very fun-filled.

... My next post will be from Chennai!

No comments:

Post a Comment